All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Activision Blizzard has created a new mobile game studio for the Call of Duty franchise. The studio is working on an unannounced title for the Call of Duty franchise. Daniel Alegre, the president and chief operating officer at the company, made the announcement in today’s earnings call with analysts.
This new studio is in addition to the Call of Duty: Mobile game, which has had more than 500 million downloads and was made by China’s TiMi Studio, a division of Tencent.
The free-to-play Call of Duty: Mobile game has won over a lot of new gamers who don’t play Call of Duty, and Activision Blizzard has been trying to convert those players to paying gamers.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties